There are many benefits of eating Kpomo meat which Nigerians don’t know. But before we list out the benefits, let’s quickly look at what kpomo meat is.
What is kpomo meat?
A Cow skin, popularly known as Kpomo, Ponmo or Kanda, is a favourite of many Nigerians. A regular sight at parties, it has become a preferred alternative for some. In fact, no “assorted” is complete without Kpomo.
In this article, I will be listing only five out of all the benefits of eating Kpomo as Federal government plans to ban the meat in order to rivive leather industry.
Benefits of Eating kpomo meat
- Kpomo meat is good for for weight loss: This is because one piece of kpomo has only 47 calories. It is pertinent to note that reducing your consumption of calories will reduce your energy intake and also help you lose weight.
- Kpomo is helpful for strong bones and teeth: This is because Kpomo contains calcium and phosphorus, which are essential minerals needed for the development of strong bones and teeth. According to researchers and medical practitioners, calcium is needed by the body for the development of strong bones and teeth because all calcium in the body is stored in the bones and teeth. It gives the bones and teeth their structures and hardness. Phosphorus is the second most abundant mineral in the body. It is also needed for the proper development of strong bones and teeth because almost all the phosphorus in the body is stored in the bones and teeth.
- Kpomo helps in improving cholesterol and blood levels.
- Kpomo also helps in preventing diseases such as heart disease, bowel cancer, and diabetes.
- Finally, Kpomo helps in regulating muscle and nerve function. This is because Kpomo contains magnesium which is a mineral that is responsible for the regulation of muscle and nerve function in the body.
Add the Benefits Of Eating Kpomo meat that you know in the comment section below, like it, share it and keep following our Facebook page for more updates.