If you are looking to study in Germany with scholarship then read this article through. Because in this article we will explain in detail about What is DAAD scholarship 2023, its benefits and step by step application procedure.
DAAD Scholarship 2024-2025 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available to pursue masters or PhD at the top German Universities. DAAD scholarships cover monthly payments of 934 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
Well-trained experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
DAAD Scholarship 2024 Summary
- Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters
- Institution: DAAD
- Study in: Germany
- Courses Offered:
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- You can also see the complete list of available Postgraduate Courses.
- Program Period: Between 12 and 36 months depending on the length of the chosen study program.
- DAAD Scholarship Deadline: Depending on chosen study program; please check deadlines here.
DAAD Scholarship Coverage
DAAD Scholarship 2024 for Masters and PhD Germany provide the recipient with following benefits:
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 934 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- One-off study allowance.
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship 2024
To be eligible for DAAD Scholarship 2024 for Masters and PhD Germany, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English or German.
- For international programs, the language of instruction is English. You are usually required to submit an English language certificate e.g. TOEFL or IELTS.
- For other programs, the language of instruction is German. You are usually required to submit a German language certificate e.g. DSH or TestDaF.
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) or Masters degree in an appropriate subject.
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience.
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2024?
Applying for a DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) scholarship for the year 2024 would require you to follow a series of steps and meet certain eligibility criteria. DAAD scholarships are highly competitive and are awarded to international students to study in Germany. Here’s a general guide on how to apply for a DAAD scholarship:
- Research the Scholarships: Visit the official DAAD website (https://www.daad.de/en/) and navigate to the scholarships section. Look for scholarships that are available for the year 2024. DAAD offers various scholarships for different purposes, including undergraduate, postgraduate, research, and language courses.
- Check Eligibility: Review the eligibility criteria for the specific scholarship program you’re interested in. Different scholarships have different eligibility requirements, including academic qualifications, language proficiency, and sometimes specific country of origin requirements.
- Prepare Required Documents: Gather all the necessary documents, which typically include:
- A completed DAAD application form (usually available on their website).
- A curriculum vitae (CV).
- A motivation letter explaining why you want to study in Germany and how the scholarship will help you achieve your goals.
- Copies of your academic transcripts and certificates.
- Language proficiency test scores (e.g., IELTS or TOEFL for English, or TestDaF for German).
- Letters of recommendation (usually two to three).
- A research proposal or outline (for research-oriented scholarships).
- Confirmation of admission or enrollment from a German university (if required).
- Language Proficiency: If you plan to study in Germany, you’ll need to demonstrate proficiency in the German language, as most programs are taught in German. You may need to pass language tests like TestDaF or the DSH (German language proficiency test).
- Apply Online: Submit your application online through the DAAD portal. The application process may vary depending on the specific scholarship program, so make sure to follow the instructions provided on the DAAD website.
- Submit Hard Copies: In some cases, you may need to send hard copies of your application and documents to the DAAD office in your home country or the German embassy.
- Interview (if required): Some scholarship programs may require an interview as part of the selection process.
- Wait for Results: The selection process can take several months, so be patient. You will be informed about the results via email or through the DAAD portal.
- Acceptance and Visa: If you are selected for a DAAD scholarship, follow the instructions provided by DAAD for accepting the scholarship and obtaining a student visa for Germany.
- Prepare for Departure: Make necessary travel and accommodation arrangements, and ensure that you have all the required documentation for your stay in Germany.
Remember that DAAD scholarships are highly competitive, so it’s crucial to start the application process well in advance and pay close attention to the specific requirements of the scholarship program you’re interested in. Good luck with your application!