Many Android and iPhone users are complaining about their Facebook notifications not working. Most of them say that their Facebook notifications are disabled, and they do not receive any notification alerts. Others say that they receive Facebook notifications but without any sound. You are probably one of those who have problems with Facebook notifications and choose our website to solve it. Join us to solve this problem together.
So how do we know where the problem is? What are the ways to solve this problem? To solve your Facebook notification problem, we are going through a path. If any method in this path does not solve the issue, we will try the next one.
Check your Facebook notification setting
The Facebook app on your phone will prompt you to enable notifications when you first launch it and begin using it. Such an issue will occur for you if you rapidly skip the settings you need to set or unintentionally deny this access. You must currently enable it in the notification settings.
How to enable notifications on iOS?
1. Go to your phone settings.
2. Scroll down to Facebook, then tap on it.
3. Once the new page opens, tap on Notifications.
4. Turn on the “Allow Notifications” button.
5. Activate the required ticks at the bottom of the screen. It is better to activate all the ticks related to the appearing notifications on the “lock screen,” “notification center,” and “banners”.
How to enable notifications on Android?
To enable notifications on Android, you can follow these general steps:
- Unlock your Android device and go to the home screen.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notification shade.
- Look for the gear-shaped icon or the “Settings” option, and tap on it. This will open the Android settings menu.
- Scroll down or search for “Notifications” or “Apps & Notifications” and tap on it.
- You may see a list of apps or categories, depending on your Android version. Select the app for which you want to enable notifications.
- On the app’s notification settings page, you should find options to enable or disable notifications. It might be labeled as “Allow Notifications” or a similar option.
- Toggle the switch next to the option to enable notifications for that app. Some apps may have additional settings for different types of notifications or notification channels.
- Customize the notification settings according to your preferences. You can usually choose the notification sound, vibration pattern, importance level, and other options.
Note that the exact steps and options may vary slightly depending on the Android version and device manufacturer. The general process, however, should be similar across most Android devices.
Enable Facebook settings notifications
In the first method of our path, we have activated the notification display settings on our phone. Still, having trouble receiving notifications? Are the notification settings on your Facebook enabled?
1. Let’s check the alert preferences in the Facebook app:
2. Open Facebook and tap on Menu.
3. Go to settings.
4. Tap on “Notifications”.
5. Turn off the “mute push notifications” button.
At the bottom of the page, you can customize all kinds of notifications. For example, the notifications related to comments, likes, friend requests, and other things. Select “push” for each type of notification you wish to receive.
Enable Background App Update (for iPhone)
If you have done the first two methods, but your problem is still not solved, enable the background app refresh for the Facebook app. To activate it, you should:
1- Enter the settings and find Facebook.
2- Tap on Facebook.
3- Turn on the background app update.
With this, the phone’s operating system can receive the latest updates from Facebook in the background and notify users.