Snapchat is a modern application compatible with the Android and iOS operating systems that allows users to communicate “Snaps” consisting of photos and videos. Since its debut, Snapchat’s popularity has increased day by day, and it is most popular among young people.
How to access your username and screen name on Snapchat?
To do this, just tap on your profile icon (a small picture of your avatar) in the upper left corner of the main screen of the program. Your Snapchat username and your screen name will be displayed on the new page.
How to create a new Snapchat username?
If you have ever attempted to alter your Snapchat username without success, you should know that the issue is not with your ability to use mobile software, but with Snapchat’s lack of a corresponding option. No user ID!
You may believe that all you need to do to alter your Snapchat username is go to your account settings and tap on your username to edit it. You are free to try this, but you will soon discover that it does not work. If not, you will be required to Transfer the account to a new account with the desired username.
Snapchat has implemented these restrictions for “security” reasons, and as a result, you will not be able to transfer data from one user account to another with a different username. However, there are several solutions to this issue.
Continue with us as we teach you how to change your Snapchat username.
1. Change your Snapchat username using the settings section
- After opening the Snapchat application, you should tap the profile icon, then select the Bitmoji icon at the top corner on the left side of the screen in order to get access to your profile. Now you can see a gear icon in the upper right corner to go to your account settings.
- Now you can edit your previous name or add a new name
- The first two tabs of the account settings you see will be the name that follows the username. Tap on Name. In the next tab that opens, add or edit your first and last name.
- Tap the Save button that appears when you make changes
- Check your profile to see the new name
As long as you save something in your Name field as mentioned in the previous steps, the new name will appear in your friends’ chats and story sections instead of your actual username. However there is a time that another user may see your username and that is when they check your profile to see a small summary of you (name, username, and includes…).
- After you save your name, click on the back arrow on the left upper part of your screen, go to your profile and see the new name appeared under your snapcode.
2. Create a new Snapchat account and add your friends
If in case you really need to change your username and you don’t want anyone to access your previous username and ID information, the only way is to remove your previous account and set up a new one. For doing this you can follow the structures below:
- Tap your profile/Bitmoji icon and then tap the top right corner of the gear icon. Scroll down, tap Sign Out, and confirm that you want to sign out of your account.
- After logging into the app for the second time, you can tap the blue signup button to create a new account with your new username.
- Once you’ve completed the account setup process for your new account, you can tap the magnifying glass icon to search for your friends’ usernames.
Note that with this method you will lose your friends, activities, and settings, but if this is the only option you have, you should keep in mind that you can’t basically change your Snapchat username without losing your account.
How to add our friend to the new Snapchat account?
To add your friend to your new Snapchat account, follow these steps:
- Create a Snapchat Account: If you don’t have a Snapchat account yet, download the Snapchat app from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) and create a new account. Sign up with your email address or phone number and choose a username and password.
- Open Snapchat and Log In: After creating your account, open the Snapchat app and log in with the username and password you just created.
- Access the Camera Screen: Once you’re logged in, you’ll be on the camera screen. This is the main screen where you can take pictures or videos to share with friends.
- Add your Friend by Username: There are a couple of ways to add your friend to your new Snapchat account. The easiest way is if you already know their Snapchat username. To add them by username, follow these steps:a. Tap on the search bar at the top of the camera screen. b. Type your friend’s Snapchat username in the search bar. c. Snapchat will show you search results. Find your friend in the list and tap on their profile. d. On their profile, tap on the “Add Friend” button.
- Add your Friend by Snapcode: If your friend is with you in person, they can open their Snapchat app and display their Snapcode (a unique QR code). You can then follow these steps to add them:a. Ask your friend to display their Snapcode on their Snapchat app. b. On your Snapchat camera screen, point your phone’s camera at their Snapcode. Snapchat will automatically scan the code. c. A prompt will appear on your screen asking if you want to add your friend. Tap on “Add Friend.”
- Confirm the Friend Request: After adding your friend either by username or Snapcode, Snapchat will send them a friend request. Your friend will need to accept the request for you to become friends on Snapchat.
- Wait for Confirmation: Once you’ve sent the friend request, you’ll have to wait for your friend to accept it. Once they do, you’ll see each other on your Snapchat friend list, and you can start sending Snaps and Chats to each other.
That’s it! You’ve successfully added your friend to your new Snapchat account. Remember, make sure you have their correct username or scan their Snapcode accurately to avoid adding the wrong person. Happy Snapping!