Start your study adventure in Turkey. Good news! Turkey Government Scholarship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Turkey Government Scholarship 2024-2025 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for undergraduate, masters and PhD studies. Turkiye Burslari Scholarship covers monthly stipend up to 1600 TL per month, tuition Fee, return flight ticket, health insurance and accommodation.
Apart from providing educational opportunities at an international caliber as well as a wealth of knowledge and experience, Turkey also offers scholarships to outstanding international students from all over the world to study in the most prestigious universities in Turkey.
Turkey Scholarships is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students to pursue full-time or short-term program at the top universities in Turkey. Turkey Scholarships aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Various Universities
- Study in: Turkey
- Deadline: January 10 – February 20, 2024
- Computer Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Food Engineering
- The Turkish government offers free Turkish scholarships to international students all around the world. And they cover almost all disciplines and all levels of study: bachelor, master, and doctorate.
It depends on the program.
- 4 Years for bachelor + 1 Year Turkish language preparation year.
- Master’s: 1 year Turkish Language course + 2 year
- PhD: 1 year Turkish Language course + 4 years
The recipient of the Turkey Government Scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- University and program placement
- Tuition Fee
- Return Flight Ticket
- Health Insurance
- One year Turkish Language Course
- Monthly Stipend:
- Undergraduate: 1000 TL per month
- Master’s: 1400 TL per month
- PhD: 1800 TL per month
Eligibility Criteria for Turkey Government Scholarship
To qualify for Turkey Government Scholarship, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Required Language: English or Turkish
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Minimum Academic Criteria:
- Minimum academic achievement for Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%
- Minimum academic achievement for Master’s and Doctorate degree applicants: 75%
- Minimum academic achievement for Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
- Age Criteria:
- To be under the age of 21 for Undergraduate programs
- To be under the age of 30 for Master’s programs
- To be under the age of 35 for Doctorate programs
- Eligible Groups:
- Citizens of all countries
- Graduates or applicants who are able to graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2022)
- Researchers and academicians
- Non-Eligible Groups:
- Turkish citizens and those who have lost Turkish citizenship
- Students already registered in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying for
- Other Requirements
- You should have a TOEFL or IELTS (The Test of English as a Foreign Language) certification. The certification is an international benchmark which shows that you are good enough to take a course at a university, if you want to study in English.
- It is recommended that you should show an official academic record, showing all certificates, courses, and grades which you may have received in your academic career.
- You need to provide a letter stating your purpose in taking this scholarship program. If your Statement of Purpose requires improvements and the essential key points are missing in your SOP then, you may face rejection.
- Applicants should not have any health problems.
- Short-term scholarship programs may have additional application requirements, Please check the requirements during the application period.
How to Apply for Turkey Government Scholarship?
Here is a general outline of the application process that was applicable as of 2021:
- Eligibility Criteria: Check the eligibility criteria for the scholarship program you are interested in. These criteria can include nationality, age, education level, and more.
- Research Scholarship Programs: Turkey offers various scholarship programs for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral studies. Research and find the scholarship program that suits your educational level and field of study.
- Application Period: Pay attention to the application period for the scholarship you want to apply for. Applications are typically open for a specific period, and you must submit your application within this timeframe.
- Online Application: Most scholarship applications are submitted online through the official scholarship website. Create an account on the website and complete the online application form.
- Required Documents: Prepare the necessary documents to support your application. These documents may include:
- Passport or ID
- Passport-sized photographs
- Transcript and diploma for your previous academic degrees
- Language proficiency test scores (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS) if required
- Letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose or research proposal
- CV or resume
- Language Proficiency: Depending on the scholarship program and the language of instruction, you might need to demonstrate proficiency in English or Turkish. Make sure to meet the language requirements specified by the scholarship.
- Recommendation Letters: Obtain letters of recommendation from teachers, professors, or professionals who can attest to your academic and personal qualities.
- Statement of Purpose or Research Proposal: Write a compelling statement of purpose (SOP) or research proposal if required. This should outline your academic goals, research interests, and reasons for applying for the scholarship.
- Submit Application: Fill out the online application form, upload the required documents, and submit your application before the deadline.
- Selection Process: Applications will be reviewed and evaluated by the scholarship committee. Shortlisted candidates might be invited for interviews or additional assessments, depending on the program.
- Notification: If you are selected for the scholarship, you will receive a notification from the scholarship authorities. This communication will provide details about the next steps.
- Visa and Travel: If you are awarded the scholarship, you will need to follow the instructions provided by the scholarship authorities regarding visa application, travel arrangements, and other logistical matters.
Remember that this information is based on the application process as of September 2021. I recommend visiting the official Turkey Scholarship website or contacting the relevant government agency for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the application process, deadlines, and requirements.