In a move that took the FCT Administration by surprise, FCT Minister Nyesom Wike has issued immediate termination notices to the heads of 21 parastatals, agencies, and government entities. The announcement came through an official news release issued by Mr. Anthony Ogunleye, Director of News at the Office of the Minister, on a Wednesday in Abuja.
The list of affected individuals, each overseeing critical organizations under the FCT Administration, is as follows:
- Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Abuja Investment Company Ltd.
- CEO/Managing Director, Abuja Markets Management Ltd.
- MD/CEO, Abuja Urban Mass Transport Company.
- CEO/MD, Abuja Property Development Company.
- CEO/MD, Abuja Technology Village Free Trade Zone Company.
- CEO/MD, Abuja Film Village International.
- CEO/MD, Powernoth AICL Equipment Leasing Company Ltd.
- MD, Abuja Broadcasting Corporation.
- MD, Abuja Enterprise Agency.
- General Manager, FCT Water Board.
- Director-General, FCT Emergency Management Agency.
- Executive Secretary, FCT Primary Healthcare Board.
- DG, Hospital Management Abuja Environmental Protection Board.
- Director, FCT Scholarship Board.
- Director, FCT Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board.
- Director, Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board.
In light of these terminations, the affected appointees have been instructed to promptly hand over the reins of their respective offices to the most senior officials in rank, according to the press director. Further details regarding office appointments and the potential restructuring of these key positions will be forthcoming in due course.